Updated: March 22, 2019
Your privacy is important to us at Sports Booker and as a Data Processor we are committed to preserving it. Sports Booker offers a range of online leisure facility management and booking products, used to help sports and leisure clients, operate their businesses.
By using Sports Booker, you must be 18 years of age or over and you consent to Sports Booker collecting and processing your data.
▪ our online business management software (“Sports Booker Software Services”),
Collectively called Sports Booker Services
The following terms have the meanings indicated below. Please refer to our Client Terms of Service that are not defined in this policy.
“End User” means any individual who interacts with the Sports Booker Services, including users of our mobile applications such as the Sports Booker Mobile Web site and individuals who make bookings, purchase services and otherwise interact with our Clients and their business through the Sports Booker Services.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as Sports Booker pitch usage data.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, it does not include strings of code such as browser cookie IDs.
“Client” is any business or entity that subscribes to a Sports Booker licence (or otherwise accesses or uses) our Software Service.
Types of Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect or obtain and process includes:
▪ Contact details (e.g., name, address, email, telephone number),
▪ Personal details (e.g., date of birth, gender),
▪ Financial and transaction data (e.g., purchase history, account information and billing information, etc)
▪ Other Sports Booker Services related data (e.g., customer requests, statistics such as transaction numbers, etc.).
▪ Photographic or video data (e.g., for customer memorabilia or safety and security video data)
How We Collect Information
▪ Through the Sports Booker Services we collect information about you whenever you use the Sports Booker Services, for example:
▪ If you are a customer of one of our clients, when you create an account on the Sports Booker site, we may ask for Personal Information such as your name, email and postal address, and other information you may provide with your account.
▪ If you are a client business, when you sign up for our software service, we ask for your company name, address, phone number, email, credit card information, VAT number, and other information about your business, as well as names and email addresses of authorized Administrators or Operators on your account.
▪ We also collect personal information about your customers that they provide to Sports Booker Services when they initiate a transaction or otherwise interact with you, such as making a booking or making a purchase of a facility or ticket.
▪ When you initiate a transaction through the Sports Booker Services, such as a purchase, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email, phone number, address, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction.
▪ This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. We do not collect or store credit card or banking details for the purpose of processing a transaction, that is undertaken by the third-party payment providers. We may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Sports Booker Services, such as IP address.
▪ From other sources
▪ In addition to the information we collect from you through Sports Booker Services, we may receive information about you from other sources, such as our EpoS partners in order to process a transaction through the Sports Booker service. We need to collect this Personal Information in order to provide the requested Sports Booker Service you require.
▪ We may collect photographic and/or video data for safety and security purposes or to support legitimate business interests and the requirements of our customers.
▪ We will not knowingly collect any personal data about children for the purpose of marketing without making it clear that such information should only be provided with parental consent, if this is required by applicable laws – We will only use the personal data of children as far as is permitted by law where the required parental or guardian consent has been obtained
How we use the Information
We may use your personal information only for legitimate business purposes, including:
▪ To provide the functionality of Sports Booker Services and related support.
▪ To create, and administer accounts,
▪ fulfil and record transactions,
▪ provide you with related assistance e.g., technical help, answer enquiries relating to Personal Information, etc.
▪ To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
▪ To provide customers with additional products or services
We will carry out these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, with your consent, and/or to comply with our legal obligation.
▪ To provide marketing and promotional materials.
▪ To send you marketing communications of discount offers and offer other materials that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters or other direct communications.
▪ allow customers to participate in interactive features of our service or our Client’s services when you choose to do so.
▪ For reporting and trending.
▪ For statistics to improve our products and services
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
▪ To fulfil our business obligations.
▪ For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
▪ For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
▪ For responding to legal duties, such as requests from public and government authorities.
We will engage in these activities to comply with a contractual or legal obligation or because we have a legitimate business or legal interest.
To the extent that we process your personal information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
How Information May Be Disclosed
▪ To our third-party service providers who provide services such as EpoS tills, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing services, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
▪ To business partners in the context of a corporate transaction. If Sports Booker is involved in a sale or business transaction (e.g., merger or acquisition), Sports Booker will retain a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets. Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring or target entity and its advisors.
▪ our regulators, which include the ICO, as well as other regulators and law enforcement agencies in the E.U. and around the world.
▪ solicitors and other professional services firms (including our auditors).
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. SPORTS BOOKER, is the party responsible for the storage and processing of the jointly-used Personal Information, Sports Booker is a Data Processor.
How to access, correct, delete or exercise your rights regarding your Personal Information
Where law allows for such a request, if you would like to request to access, correct, object to the use, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company), you should first contact our Client whose business you are using. However, you may contact Sports Booker at support@sports- booker.com with the subject line “Data Subject Request.” We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request. We will need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Where you are an End User (customer) of one of our Clients, Sports Booker will need to forward your request and refer you to your business provider who will deal with your request in the appropriate manner.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion code, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by the Client or would like request the exercise of a right as set out above in relation to Personal Information held by the Client, please contact the Client directly.
Tracking and Advertising
Third Party Payment Processors
Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with SPORTS BOOKER.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The Data Controller (the Client business) will determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we generally consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Each Data Controller will have different requirements and parameters. By law we have to keep basic information about customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances, you can ask your data Controller to REDACT your personal data or anonymise your personal data (so that transaction data can no longer be associated with you) for statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Security of Your Information
The security of Personal Information is a high priority at SPORTS BOOKER. We seek to use all reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your interaction with us please contact us at email@example.com . It is your responsibility to safeguard your password and not share it with others.
Use of Services
The Sports Booker Services are not directed or targeted at children under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they do not provide Personal Information through Sports Booker Services.
Where Your Data is Processed and Stored
SPORTS BOOKER systems and Services are controlled and operated by Sports Booker Limited in the United Kingdom and are not intended to be subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United Kingdom.
Your Personal Information is stored and Processed in high security data centres on mainland United Kingdom. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory
agencies or security authorities in the United Kingdom may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
Sensitive or Special Information
Before collecting and/or using any special categories of data we will establish an additional lawful ground to those set out above which will allow us to use that information. This additional exemption will typically be:
your explicit consent;
the establishment, exercise or defence by us or third parties of legal claims; or
a specific exemption provided under local laws of EU Member States and other countries implementing the GDPR.
PLEASE NOTE: If we have previously told you that we were relying on consent as the basis of our processing activities, going forward we will not be relying on that legal basis unless we have said that we are in this Policy.
PLEASE NOTE. If you provide your explicit consent to allow us to process your special categories of data, you can withdraw your consent to such processing at any time. However, you should be aware that if you choose to withdraw your consent (e.g. the request not be videoed or photographed) we will tell you more about the possible consequences, including if this means that certain services (in particular where you wish to participate in certain activities) can no longer be provided.
Third Party Partners
Name of Third Party Contact details
Haven Systems: https://www.haven-systems.co.uk/
Fidelity Systems: https://www.fidelitysystems.co.uk/
Net Pay: https://www.netpay.co.uk/privacy-policy/
World Pay: https://www.worldpay.com/uk/privacy-policy
Sports Booker Global Ltd
Allia Future Business Centre, Peterborough Utd Football Club, London Road, Peterborough PE2 8AN
▪ Contact our Data Protection Officer responsible at the above address.
▪ lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.