As our water park clients reopen up and down the country, we take a look at what they have been getting up to behind the scenes in preparation to welcome customers back.
Foxlake Adventures is Scotland’s first cable wakeboarding park along with the UK’s only ropes course constructed over water. They are located in the heart of East Lothian 25 miles east of Edinburgh, nestled in beautiful woodland on the edge of the John Muir Way. They have a range of activities on-site that include:
- FoxFall Rope Course
- Ringo rides
- Explore woodland trails on Off-Road Segways
The Aqua Park has a unique low ropes course challenge over water – unlike any other ropes course challenge in the UK. FoxFall is the ultimate test of skill, balance and will power. Try the Green, Blue, Red and Black runs to experience the different elements all of which vary in difficulty. The objective is to make it to the zip tower without falling in! The course can be enjoyed by all abilities making it suitable for families, birthday parties, individuals and large groups.
Over the past few months, Foxlake Adventures have been preparing and implementing COVID-Safe procedures.
What to expect when you visit Fox Lake:
- No food or picnics allowed onsite, only food from Boardside café allowed
- All activities must be pre-booked
- Dedicated cleaning staff
- Hand sanitisation stations throughout the site
- Limited changing capacity and no showers in operation (ponchos and beach towels good alternative)
- Staff issued with PPE
- Enhanced site cleaning measures
- Mandatory hand sanitisation before and during activities
- New enhanced wetsuit/buoyancy aid/helmet/equipment cleaning process
Visit their website to find out more: https://www.foxlake.co.uk/
Open all year, Bewl Water is surrounded by 800 acres of natural beauty and offers the ideal place to have some outdoor activity fun! Take to the water and complete the inflatable assault course and try not to fall in! For a more relaxing day, enjoy a scenic bike ride or a gentle ramble beside the water with your four-legged friend. Refuel in the Boat House Bistro, where you can enjoy freshly caught trout from the reservoir and tasty treats. The fantastic range of leisure and recreational activities include:
- Aqua park
- Stand up paddleboarding
Here’s what they’re doing to keep you safe:
- A limited number of guests – 6 per group booking.
- The Aqua Park team will be equipped with the relevant PPE.
- The changing areas will be divided into family zones in both female and male changing spaces with regular sanitation procedures in place.
- A sanitisation process will be followed for the Aqua Park, wetsuits and buoyancy aids.
- All booking requirements need to be completed before arrival.
- Bewl’s public areas are meticulously cleaned using a high-grade disinfectant.
- The available parking areas across the park have been increased to allow more space between vehicles encouraging social distancing.
- One-way routes and infrequent pedestrian areas have been set out.
- All of our high-volume guest touchpoint areas, including door handles, handrails, tables and reception desks are sanitised hourly.
- Increased numbers of antibacterial hand sanitisers available in all areas.
- Screens and PPE are in use to ensure protection for both customers and employees.
Visit their website to find out more: https://www.bewlwater.co.uk/
New forest Water Park
New Forest Water Park is a family run business situated just outside Fordingbridge, the Water Park offers a range of family-friendly activities, including Cable Wakeboard, Aqua Park, Camping, Kayak and SUP. Race your family and friends through the 300-meter Aqua Park, which has many obstacles including trampolines, monkey bars, flippers, slides, hurdles, springboard, rockers, rollers, an overhang climbing wall, and a swing.
- Here’s what to expect when you visit the water park:
- You may only book in groups of maximum 6.
- 20 customers per session. The park will be sanitised after every session.
- No wetsuits are currently available to hire although wetsuits are not compulsory, swimmers and a t-shirt will be fine!
- No changing rooms or showers currently available.
Visit their website to find out more: https://www.newforestwaterpark.co.uk/
Located in Warwickshire, Cliff Lakes offers a great family day out where you can choose from Wakeboarding, Skiing, Surfing or the Aqua Park. The water park contains a range of inflatable slides, climbing walls and obstacles to keep you entertained and once you’ve finished your action-packed day, relax and enjoy lunch from their waterfront bar.
Here’s what to expect when visiting:
- We will be running the park at 25% capacity (25 people per park)
- Wait in the car park until all of your group has arrived.
- Once everyone has arrived, the Party Leader and the participants should join the one-way system and check-in at reception,
- Once checked in, you will head to our wetsuit area where you will get changed. This area will be open-air changing.
- Lockers will be available with Padlocks to safely keep your belongings in during your visit.
- no spectators will be allowed beyond the one-way system.
Visit their website to find out more: https://www.clifflakes.com/
If you are looking for a booking system for your water park, click here
to book a free demo of Sports Booker.
Visit our FAQ page to find out more about using Sports Booker.
Take a look at our case studies to see how Sports Booker can help.
Meet the team and get to know Alice MacNicol.